Saturday, March 6, 2010

Airport

March 4th, 2010
O’Hare Airport – Gate C20

I miss you. I am trying not to cry while I sit here in the faded blue polyester chairs.
There is a man next to me resembling a everyman version of a professor: white hair, glasses, slacks, brown New Balance shoes with thick soles. I wish you could see the people, I am sure you would have much to say about them. I suppose you are home by now watch Community and smoking while you do it. I miss you. I wont feel right till I am back with you. All my life I have had a foot out the door, looking for a reason to run. For once, I have the chance and I would rather stay home with you. The world can wait. I am tempted to take a cab back home and say I got sick. I know you would be disappointed though. I hope you sleep well tonight my little blue jay.

Love
KST

No comments:

Post a Comment